We are always in need of volunteers. YOU can make a difference!
Volunteering roles include:
• Working with horses &/or riders within RDA programs
• Property & equipment maintenance
• Committee of Management
• Accredited Coaching. Download document Volunteer to Coach RDAV has rolled out a new standardised training package for volunteers:
All new volunteers will be trained to this standard.
The following three documents can be downloaded and will help with your induction into RDA.
- Guide to RDA volunteer training program is the training manual of what you are expected to know to become an RDA volunteer
- Stage 1 Volunteer Induction – This checklist is to assist with the introduction of all new RDA volunteers
- Volunteer competency card is a doubled sided card that you and the Coach will complete as a record of your successful training and assessment. This card will be kept in the Riders Room
To become a volunteer you must be 12 years old and over (12-18 y.o. require written parent/guardian consent) and possess a current Working With Children Check. Our Volunteer Coordinator will step you through this and the induction process.
On the job training is ongoing and previous horse experience is not essential.
RDA Peninsula strives to provide a safe working environment. All volunteers are covered by RDAV insurance.